Phluido Virtualized RAN Layer-1
Phluido "4.9G" vRAN Layer-1 implementation is a software-defined, feature-rich and easy to integrate implementation of the physical layer of 3GPP LTE Rel-14.
Easy to integrate with 3rd-party upper layers, thanks for an advanced "FAPI-like" interface, it offers cutting edge features and an extremely optimized implementation.
- Runs on any desktop-grade or server-grade x86 commercial-off-the-shelf platform. Ultra-fast implementation with demonstrated scalability.
- 3GPP Rel-14 compliant, 3-20MHz, TDD and FDD.
- Supports Carrier Aggregation, 256-QAM DL and 64-QAM UL, Cat-M, MIMO, Coordinated Multi-Point.
- "FAPI-like" interface that makes integration with 3rd party upper layers straightforward. Proprietary extensions to the interface to support multi-radio, CoMP, distributed MIMO, non-ideal fronthaul.
- Flexible function splits. Support 3GPP split 8 (time-domain), 7-1 (frequency-domain), and flavors of 7-2/7-3 such as the Telecom Infra Project vRAN Fronthaul open interface. Fronthaul over ethernet or local radio.
- Wide ecosystem of commercial radio units and SDR boards.
- Plug-in and API-based interface that enables 3rd-party customizations.
- Use cases: indoor and outdoor small cells, CBRS, private LTE, enterprise and DAS, etc.
Contact us for licensing options and for a free evaluation.
Phluido Radio-as-a-Service full-stack demo system
Phluido offers a full-stack reference implementation of 3GPP Rel-14 LTE built on top of Phluido virtualized L1. Deploy a standard-compliant, fully functional LTE network in minutes with Phluido RaaS vRAN and radio units.
- Ultra-fast, carrier-grade, feature-rich L1 implementation.
- Demo-grade L2-L3 with basic features.
- Flexible functional splits: RaaS-FIP, 3GPP split 8, split 7-1, etc.
- Several transmission modes support (including MIMO), advanced scheduler, coordinated multi-point (CoMP) across the multiple remote units.
- Easy porting to a diverse range of radio frequency boards, interfaces, and RF chips. Phluido can ship prototype radio units based on the USRP platform.
Several leading companies have been already trialling and adopting the Phluido RaaS vRAN. Contact us for more information and licensing opportunities.
Phluido RaaS-FIP (Fronthaul over IP)
Phluido revolutionary radio-agnostic fronthaul protocol provides dramatic compression compared to CPRI and offers a wide class of API for synchronization, congestion control, latency and jitter robustness. RaaS-FIP is the world-first fronthaul protocol that runs on any internet protocol (IP) logical pipe, regardless of the underlying medium, including the public internet.
RaaS-FIP is nicely embedded in the Phluido RaaS vRAN 4G stack, which natively uses all its advanced features, and is also available as a standalone technology for embedding into existing baseband implementations, regardless of the radio technology (3G, 4G, 5G, WiFi, etc.).
RaaS-FIP is part of Phluido contributions to the Telecom Infra Project vRAN Fronthaul open interface.
Contact us for more information and licensing opportunities, including reference designs, API, libraries, and documentation.